Chilled berry cheesecake
1 cup roasted walnuts
1 cup crumbled graham biscuits
1/2 cup pitted dates
1 big banana
50g melted butter
600g cream cheese
200g whipped cream or quark for a lighter option
1 tbsp brown sugar
1. Prepare a large springform pan by placing a piece of aluminum foil on the bottom and make sure the sides of the pan are properly sealed.
2. Make the crust by pulsing the ingredients together in a blender or by mixing them in a bowl by hands after crushing the ingredients in a plastic bag. Spread the sandy-like dough on the bottom of the pan and create a nice, even layer of crust. Place the pan in the fridge while making the filling.
3. Mix the cream cheese, sugar and cranberry powder together in a bowl and squeeze the lime juice into the mixture.
4. Whip the cream and add to the mixture, followed by the sliced blueberries. Pour the mixture into the springform pan over the crust.
5. Freeze the cake for about an hour or until the topping is set.
6. Place the cheesecake in the fridge 30 min before serving for a softer texture.
This cheesecake does not need to be baked in the oven so none of the nutritional values of the berry powders are being changed. The cake is perfect when garnished with fresh mint and extra berry powder.