Sun is shining. The sky is blue. The weather is warm. That can only mean one thing. Ice creammmm time!
As heavenly those creamy ice creams in the shops are (and totally okay if enjoyed occasionally!) many of you on that side of the screen might get some annoying stomach aches from the cream and sugar in those little treats.
Here's a tasty vegan friendly ice cream recipe for those who love ice cream as much as we do but can't or don't want to eat the Magnums all the time. These popsicles are also high in vitamins and flavonoids from our Arctic Blackcurrant powder. So what's not to like. And the best thing is that these are totally guilt free so who cares if you have a few in a day! Let the sun keep shining!
Blackcurrant and Coconut Popsicles
1 banana, sliced and frozen
1/2 cup frozen blackberries
1-2 tbsps black currant powder (equivalent to a heaped handful of fresh berries)
1/2 cup coconut milk
2 tbsp rice malt syrup
A few spoonfuls jam of your choice
1. Place the frozen fruit, berries and blackcurrant powder in a food processor or high speed blender and blend until the texture resembles breadcrumbs.
2. Continue to blend and add in the liquid ingredients little by little until the ice cream mixture is smooth.
3. Take out your popsicle molds and place a dollop of jam in each. Swirl it around the mold to make pretty patterns.
4. Fill each mold (the recipe should make 4-5) with the ice cream mixture and leave to set in the freezer.
5. Optional: once the Popsicles are frozen, decorate with edible flowers or dip in melted chocolate.